Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Beam me up, Scotty

James Montgomery Doohan (1920-2005)

Rest in peace, Jimmy. You will be missed!

Here's a good article on the life, career and impact of this great Canadian actor (ironically, the BBC article is better than the equivalent CBC article, in my opinion...):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1493093.stm

1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 p.m. , Blogger ~ said...

    Blake:

    I was so upset when I heard this! Scotty was so lovable and huggable, like a big teddy bear.

    He's gone to that big transporter room in the sky. Live long and prosper.

    Sad, sad Leslie.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home