Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Some truth, courtesy of Craig Ferguson

I've always found Mr. Ferguson is to be very funny & entertaining - I try to watch The Late Late Show whenever I can. You have to be careful not to cut yourself on his razor-sharp wit! Genetic pre-disposition too, I suppose: since I'm of Scottish extraction myself (well, 3 generations back, that is), I just find the whole concept of a ranting and rambling Scotsman inherently amusing. The accent itself always tickles my ears... :-)

Now, after seeing the clip shown here, I have an even deeper respect for the man.

This is one of the best explanations of alcoholism I've ever heard. Simple yet eloquent!

The monologue runs about twelve minutes, so be patient! It's well worth it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home