Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Monday, January 23, 2006

Say it ain't so!!!

They're cancelling The West Wing ?!?!?!?

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

Oh well... 7 seasons is a damn good run, though. I understand the network's rationale - the series was really in a slump, and the ratings bore that out. Hopefully it goes out with a bang! One day, I shall have to purchase the entire series on DVD to add to my collection - definitely a good investment, in my opinion!

R.I.P. John Spencer (1946-2005)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:41 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been a fan from day 1.

    I love the way they laid Leo to rest in the show.

    It's classy, it's so cool...brain orientated....I'll miss it too.

    Perhaps, the east wing?...Russian politics?

    Regards.

     
  • At 11:03 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

    Definitely. I had the box of Kleenex on standby - a real tearjerker, that one!

    I will miss the show a lot. Very much a vital of source of entertainment for a cerebral political junkie like me :-)

    Classy, indeed. Without equal on TV today, in my opinion.

    East Wing? Not the worst idea I've ever heard. I wouldn't mind seeing a show about how things tick inside the Kremlin, even in a fictional setting.

    Probably a better concept than, say, the "North Wing". Canadian politics can be rather dull at times. Just wouldn't capture the same "vibe" as the White House...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home