Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Monday, September 12, 2005

My new "sister"

Hello all! Some personal news. We (my Mom and I) recently got a new cat! Her name is Vivian - "Vivy" for short. Here's a nice pic of her:


And here's another pic of me holding her, as we pose for posterity ;-) ...


We got her from my mother's boss (who lives out in the country). Apparently, little Vivy wandered up to her front door one day. Poor thing was starving - she was obviously a stray. So, Jen (Mom's boss) took her in for a bit. Offered to give her to us. We took Vivy in for the weekend to see if we were compatible, whereupon Mom and I both promptly fell in love with the little cutie! So, she's here to stay! My mother named the cat after my great-grandmother (her maternal grandmother), though I'm not exactly sure why...:-) Mom said the name "just came to her all of a sudden."

Not exactly sure of her precise breed and age. She looks like a calico-tabby mix. Our best guess is that she's about a year old (still a kitten, practically!). She's quite small - very delicate looking. Understandable given the fact that she was a stray and was therefore probably a bit malnourished. No problem, though - I imagine we'll fatten her up in due course!

Overall, we're really glad to have another family member to add to the household (albeit a non-human one!)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:57 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    She's beautiful, Blake! Very unique colouring. I'm sure she'll have a happy life and will be spoiled rotten. ;)
    Congrats!

    M.M.

     
  • At 1:10 p.m. , Blogger ~ said...

    yay Blake! We're happy for you! Hey, do you think that she and Langley can be the best of friends? I smell a sit-com!

    Leslie, Noel & Langley

     
  • At 8:08 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

    Thanks!

    I'll get back to you on the whole sitcom idea... ;-)

     
  • At 4:48 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    kinda looks like you a bit :o)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home