Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Saturday, September 17, 2005

On hiatus...

Hello all! I'm sure most of you have noticed that my posts have been steadily declining in frequency over the last little while. Main reason is my own increasing lack of time and energy to sit down and come up with some truly insightful musings. I find my attention span has gotten a bit shorter these days; my mind wanders and I lose focus. My train of thought is more easily derailed these days, you might say :-) It's not that I'm bored with blogging - not at all. I just can't seem to get motivated a lot of the time, even though I know there's plenty of inspiration out there. Basically, it's my problem, not yours. I wouldn't dream of spurning my dear bloggies!

So, that being said, I've decided to officially announce that my blog is on indefinite hiatus. Figured I owed it to my loyal readers to tell them directly, and not leave them hanging out in the proverbial cold. Taking an extended breather, not gonna worry about drafting the next intellectual post every week. Gonna focus my energies (that is, what remains of them) on other things - my reading list is dreadfully long and I have a stack of books dating as far back as two Christmases ago that I've really been meaning to tackle. So, you'll hafta do without me for a while! I'm quite sure you can manage... :-) My pedantic prattle can be annoying sometimes anyway... ;-)

Don't worry - I won't be disappearing from cyberspace completely. By no means!! I'm still the digital junkie, Internet man-whore I always was! I'll still post replies and commentary on my friends' blogs wherever possible. And let me be clear: I'm not abandoning this blog! If inspiration hits, I'll still post stuff every so often. That won't change. I just won't be as prolific about it. I'd suggest checking my blog, say, once per month instead of once per week.

My friends, thank you all so much for your interest, and I hope to talk to you again in the near future!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:21 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'll miss your insights.
    Always fresh.
    Always informed.
    I'll keep checking.
    Never mind the hair styles. :o)

    RM

     
  • At 2:26 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Does it bother you that all your immediate family aunts have had chldren from various men including your own,....or that one of your aunt never told her son (mike) that Doug isn't his father or that your nana (nice term) also left and screwed anything?....

    Does it bother you that you quit whatwever and what ever you do??

    don't quit.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home