Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Would you like to take a survey? - Part 6

Currently sitting in an Internet cafe in Trois-Rivières. Pretty little city - very charming and picturesque. Gorgeous view of the Saint Lawrence River right down from the hotel. The hotel itself is great. As I said in my previous post, we're staying in the Delta. All the amenities - excellent customer service, convenient location downtown, heated pool and hot tubs, sauna, gym, the works! A welcome improvement over the previous lodgings in Lacolle.

One thing I'm personally grateful to have back again in this hotel is the Weather Network (or, rather, Météo Média - its French-language equivalent)! Even in another language, I find it oddly comforting - like an old friend, a familiar face in the wilderness... When I hear the background music during the local forecast every ten minutes, I perk right up like a hunting dog catching a scent. I must be addicted to it - I find I don't feel complete and fulfilled unless I get my daily fix... :-)

Surveys are fine. Since we're at a weigh station, volume is indeed higher and we're able to process a lot more trucks. Makes the shift go by faster. My team is awesome, as usual. There's been some drama on other teams - some escalating personality conflicts and tensions which have led to some personnel transfers to other teams. Harmony prevails on my team, though - we're all pretty calm, even-tempered and in sync. We remain an island of relative tranquillity in an often tempestuous sea... :-)

Next week, we're headed to Beloeil, I think. About 15-20 minutes east of Montreal. Another weigh station, I believe, which is excellent. After that, we should be heading back to Ottawa for a little break (4 days). Looking forward to it - missing my friends and family!

Anyway, gotta go to work soon, so I'll sign off for now. Peace out!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:04 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for checking in. Glad you're good.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home