Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Big Book of British Smiles

I can't feel the lower half of my face right now... Nor the tip of my tongue. Just came back from the dentist. Had a cavity (Boo-urns!), but hooray for freezing! Gotta love those muscle relaxants! Feels weird, though. Like my bottom lip no longer exists - disconcerting! Talking is an exercise in amusement, too. Lips don't synchronize with the words I'm speaking - looks like a badly-dubbed Japanese monster movie. "Oh no, Godzilla! Mothra's behind that building!" *lip movements continue for another 5 minutes* Drinking is also fun - I'm practically wrapping my lower jaw around the cup and holding the corners of my lips down with my fingers to avoid spillage. Very entertaining - Mom can't stop giggling. Oh well... Felt I should share the experience with my loyal bloggies!

As consolation, went and bought all 4 volumes of Futurama on DVD. Wasn't cheap, but I felt like splurging. Treating myself to an indulgence like that is good once in a while... Besides, it's a hilariously kick-ass show - ahead of its time and prematurely ended. Witty, cleverly subversive, intelligent yet silly. The third greatest animated TV show in history, in my opinion - after The Simpsons and Family Guy. Matt Groening is a comedic genius. Felt I had an obligation to add this underappreciated gem to my collection. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home