Empires of the Mind

A motley assortment of anecdotes, thoughts, comments, observations, idle speculation, rantings, ravings, tirades, attempted wit & humour, pop culture references, expostulations, hypotheses, and whatever the hell else I feel like posting...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Vive l'Arby's!!!

Earlier today, I had lunch at Arby's for the first time in at least 10 years! Two enormous hot roast beef sandwiches (and fries, of course!). The best word I can use to describe the experience is sublime. So wonderfully delicious and filling... Arby's is by far my favourite fast food chain restaurant. The reason for such a large gap since my last tasting is that there is no longer any Arby's franchise in Ottawa! Hasn't been for at least a decade. The last one I remember was in Bells Corners off Hazeldean/Robertson Road. Dad and I used to go there every so often and make pigs of ourselves :-) Something we both enjoyed a lot - one of the few true bonding experiences we had as father and son. Sadly, business there was always slow, and they were forced to shut down in the early 1990s. I've been suffering from withdrawal ever since ;-) Getting my proverbial fix again after such a long time was great, like embracing a long-lost friend... I know this sounds absurdly poetic for a mere fast food chain, but you don't know the depth of my craving! The minute I saw the Arby's when we first got into Sarnia, I made it my personal mission to go eat there at least once before we leave. I swore an mental oath to that effect. And, Hallelujah, this little gastronomic holy crusade of mine has been realized!

Now if only they would bring it back to Ottawa! Then I could die a truly happy man...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:56 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

    Oh well...it's a matter of personal preference, I guess.

    I don't exactly go to ANY fast food place for the quality of the food... :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home